HuffPost Editor Says New Year’s Resolution Is to “Kill All Men”

by Evil HR Lady on January 2, 2018

Emily McCombs, Parents Editorial Director at HuffPost, tweeted her New Year’s Resolutions. She’s since deleted the tweet, but not before many people grabbed it. Here’s the tweet:

You can see why  McCombs might have deleted it. You can also see why she wants to cultivate friendships with women, because, after all, she’s planning to kill all men. Hard to cultivate friendships with the dead.

To keep reading, click here: HuffPost Editor Says New Year’s Resolution Is to “Kill All Men”

Jackie January 2, 2018 at 3:26 pm

I don’t know a thing about Emily McCombs except what you wrote here. Based on that, I’d say she suffers from a mental illness.

Kristy January 2, 2018 at 6:40 pm

I don’t know anything about her, either and I had the same thought. I hope, for her sake and her son’s, someone gets her some help.

Dawn January 2, 2018 at 3:40 pm

The war on men is infuriating. Not all of them are pigs like Weinstein. My husband is a hard-working man who loves me and we are true partners in every sense of the word. I have four boys that I worry about because of society acting like all men are monsters.

the gold digger January 4, 2018 at 3:32 pm

No, society is not acting like all men are monsters. And we are not saying not to flirt.

We are saying that at work, it is inappropriate for men to take off their clothes in front of their female co-workers, to touch their female co-workers or ask the women to touch them, or to ask their co-workers to kiss them, touch their genitals, or have sex with them.

Here are the simple rules for men at work:

1. Except for shaking hands, do not touch the women you work with.
2. Do not show your penis at work.
3. Do not have sex with the women you work with. Do not talk about sex with the women you work with.

I don’t think these rules should be that hard to follow, do you?

charles January 4, 2018 at 11:28 pm

wow – that comes across as a rather rude and condescending response to someone else’s genuine concern.

the gold digger January 5, 2018 at 4:06 pm

Nope. Just facts. Society is not treating all men as monsters. Society is treating monsters as monsters.

Siredge January 16, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Agree.

Siredge January 16, 2018 at 7:08 pm

Agree. With Charles

Huggins January 2, 2018 at 6:49 pm

I never heard about this person except from this article.

BUT….Anytime anyone makes a general statement about ANY particular group….they’re just not right.

Goober January 2, 2018 at 8:32 pm

I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict that if HuffPo responds at all, they’ll laugh it all off as a joke and nothing will be done. I seriously doubt this surprised anyone there. I expect they knew what they were getting when they hired her, and that’s why they hired her.

charles January 3, 2018 at 4:01 am

That’s not really going out on a limb – that is Huffington Post’s history.

I remember when they published an article stating “when you shoot a cop you aren’t killing an individual . . .”

No apology, no nothing for such a stupid statement.

I do have to ask though, just where are the editors when they publish such garbage? Did the editors not do their job at cleaning things up? Or, more likely, did the editors think that there was nothing wrong with what was said?

Goober January 3, 2018 at 8:29 am

“That’s not really going out on a limb – that is Huffington Post’s history.”

I know. It’s a very thick limb I’m on. No real danger at all of it breaking.

“I do have to ask though, just where are the editors when they publish such garbage?”

Considering that the tweet in question here is *from* one of the senior editors, I think you know the answer to that.

Bender Bending Rodriguez January 2, 2018 at 9:29 pm

I think she meant “Kill all Humans.”

Goober January 2, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Her past history suggests she meant exactly what she said. As does the first part of the tweet in question.

Leafs004 January 3, 2018 at 12:43 am

I think you missed the Twilight Zone reference. 🙂 Also redone in a Simpsons House of Horror Episode.

Goober January 3, 2018 at 1:59 am

I think you need to read the entire article, which details previous behavior.

It’s common to hide hate behind pretend humor. But it’s still hate.

Leafs004 January 3, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Read it, understood it, and was referring to the Bender Bending Rodriguez comment.

Maria Rose January 2, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Apparently this woman has had some bad experiences with men in any relationship and probably didn’t develop any real friendships with women—You actually need both to really understand people without any sexual connection. Problem is women and men separate friends because of sexual feelings.
I am not interested in becoming a sexless Android. We do need that interaction between the two sexes down in proper context.

Observer January 4, 2018 at 12:11 am

This is their PARENTS editor?! I mean, for some things it would be bad, but you MIGHT be able to make an argument that it’s not really “relevant” if you squint and tilt your head just so. But how do you let someone like this have ANY say in parenting / parent related material?

I feel bad for her son. I can’t imagine growing up with a parent who hates you just because of your existence.