Dear LinkedIn, Did You Forget You’re a Business Site?

by Evil HR Lady on July 10, 2018

I don’t want to send or receive GIFs at LinkedIn. Now, I can stop myself from sending them, but I can’t stop people from sending them to me, but you can.

I’m a big LinkedIn user. I post something there almost every day. I love to connect with people.

What makes me love it? Because LinkedIn has managed to stay business focused. The fact that it began as a networking site means that most people (in my experience) have their real names with their real experience in their profiles. This keeps the trolls down. After all, if you say you work for Company X and then make a comment about how fat and ugly I am, it doesn’t take that much work to figure out your boss or other company official and then tag them.

To keep reading, click here: Dear LinkedIn, Did You Forget You’re a Business Site?

Sandy July 10, 2018 at 5:39 pm

What is a GIF?

the gold digger July 10, 2018 at 6:53 pm

I’m feeling kind of left out that nobody has ever tried to hit on me on LinkedIn. 🙂

Maria Rose July 10, 2018 at 7:14 pm

I had to look that up myself. A GIF is a response reaction with a photo or video attached. Now knowing that, I agree Linkedln is a business site and these are useful in business correspondence. Save those for personal friends interaction sites.

Maria Rose July 10, 2018 at 7:19 pm

I meant not useful on Linkedln (forgot to proof read before posting)
Business associates are not always personal friends and social interaction should follow protocol for business

Vaclav Koranda July 11, 2018 at 10:21 am

A GIF is a picture format. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIF

Camellia July 17, 2018 at 5:04 pm

I know I’m late to the comment-party, but if you are receiving photos of naked or semi-naked men from people via LinkedIn, can’t that be reported somehow? I mean, why would that be acceptable?