10 Scary management styles

by Evil HR Lady on November 1, 2019

It’s Halloween, which is the best holiday because there are no family obligations where you have to tolerate your weird aunt, and there’s lots of candy. And there are also plenty of jump-scares to go around – even in the office. Your company may resemble a haunted house with all the scary managers running around. Here are 10 of the most frightening.

1. The Ghost

Finding this manager when you need her, is almost impossible. There are signs she’s been in the office–a coffee cup on her desk, a sweater over the back of her chair–but no sign of her. Until, of course, you’re getting ready to sneak out of the office 15 minutes early (what? You’re exempt!) and boo! There she is with a stack of new assignments.

2. The Vampire

Ever felt like you’ve been sucked completely dry by the demands on your time and your emotions? Yeah, your boss is a vampire.

To keep reading, click here: 10 Scary management styles

JessaB November 1, 2019 at 12:34 am

I have no idea what the article says, the site you link to has some kind of “try our thing” overlay that I cannot dismiss, cannot block with an adblocker and cannot read around.

Hibob rep November 3, 2019 at 11:25 am

Hi, our blog content is completely free and non-gated. Perhaps the pop up you’re referring to is a non-disruptive newsletter opt-in with a clear X that can easily be closed in order to read the post. Our chatbox option is located in the bottom right corner which can be accessed with a click and easily closed. What browser are you using?

MariaRose November 1, 2019 at 12:49 am

Yeah, I got a POP-UP that wanted me to converse with BOB– their chatbot–Was this a Halloween trick? But after I figured out where the exit X was, I was able to read all the spooky manager types. Some of them were a bit creepy.

grannybunny November 1, 2019 at 1:06 pm

Please tell us where the exit X is, so that we can read the article too. I clicked what I thought was the exit X, and it minimized the chat box, but still didn’t close it. Thanks!

Kathy November 1, 2019 at 3:29 pm

Zombie. Was once alive but has died inside. He can give no coherent no direction to his people. He hires people for their brains but cannot make intelligent use of them.

Rebekah November 1, 2019 at 7:09 pm

It’s been over two weeks since I’ve received an email from Evil HR Lady – what is going on?

Didi November 2, 2019 at 2:58 pm

I like Zombie – living dead ground down by too long on the job.

How about “Born in a suit and Tie.” The boss who was always a manager and has no real-world experience? Like the school administrator who was never in the classroom, or the sales manager who never sold anything.