We survived 2020! And I took real time off, which I haven’t done for all 2020. (I did keep reading things, just no work.) A bunch of stuff happened, though, so I wanted to catch you all up with some links:
From Jeff Nowak:
- DOL Green Lights Telemedicine Visits to Support FMLA Leave, Allows Electronic FMLA Posting
- BREAKING: Congress Declines to Extend FFCRA Leave, Offers Tax Credits to Those Voluntarily Providing Paid Leave
From Jon Hyman
From the Department of Labor
- FLSA2020-19: Addressing whether certain travel time occurring on a partial telework day is compensable under the FLSA.
- FLSA2020-20: Addressing whether certain overtime payments based on an expected number of hours worked may be credited towards the amount of overtime pay owed under the FLSA and whether such overtime payments are excludable from the regular rate.
- GUIDANCE ON EXPIRATION OF PAID SICK LEAVE AND EXPANDED FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE FOR CORONAVIRUS
Hopefully, some of this helps you get started in the New Year with some up to date info!