San Churro Chocolateria Shows a Sweet Way to Recruit

by Evil HR Lady on October 16, 2018

I love dessert. I’m a firm believer that food can bring us together, and dessert can do that in a very special way. It must be true because I saw the most amazing LinkedIn post from Todd Rogerson, the Chief Happiness Officer for San Churro Chocolateria, an Australian dessert company. He wrote:

As Chief Happiness Officer at San Churro Chocolateria, I am passionate in helping all staff find purpose in their career path. As a business, we have seen ups and downs in our 13 year journey and understand the hardships everyone goes through when times are tough. With the unfortunate news of Max Brenner closures throughout the nation, I would like all ex Max Brenner Staff know that we would love to hear from them if they are keen to continue their #chocolatejourney with us. We are one big familia here at San Churro and love sharing our passion for chocolate and churros. If you find yourself loving your experience working with chocolate and desserts, now questioning where to go, please email your local San Churro with your CV.

Max Brenner, it turns out, is closing 20 out of its 37 stores in Australia. That means a good deal of people will be looking for jobs.

To keep reading, click here: San Churro Chocolateria Shows a Sweet Way to Recruit

Mr. Cajun2core October 16, 2018 at 3:32 pm

Okay, so what does everything think about having a Chief Happiness Officer? Sounds too much like Nelix from ST:Voyager.

Evil HR Lady October 16, 2018 at 3:35 pm

I hate it. I think it’s ridiculous. I strongly prefer traditional titles.

(Mr.) Cajun2core October 16, 2018 at 6:20 pm

What would a traditional title be? I have never heard of anyone whose job is “moral officer”. Granted, sometimes that is done by someone in HR but I have never heard of anyone who is dedicated to that task.

grannybunny October 16, 2018 at 3:52 pm

Frankly, he had me at “Chief Happiness Officer.” Granted, it sounds a little Monty-Python-y silly, but it does telegraph a lot about their corporate culture.

Dorothy October 16, 2018 at 6:51 pm

There’s a company. In Australia. That’s dedicated to selling churros. And chocolate. And churros and chocolate. And you’re just mentioning this now????

And don’t get me started on the ice-cream sundae in the CHURRO BOWL.

Suzanne, 20 taps on the hand with a churro! I’m checking on flights down under.

Evil HR Lady October 16, 2018 at 7:38 pm

I know! If it weren’t for the fact that all of Australian nature is trying to kill you, I’d go right now.

DM October 18, 2018 at 12:37 am

LOL. I had the same thought. The photo alone almost made me book a flight. 🙂

the gold digger October 18, 2018 at 7:01 pm

For churros y chocolate, I will risk nature tooth and nail.