Everyone loves birthday cake.
- Jane will only eat chocolate sheet cake from Costco.
- Harry is gluten intolerant.
- Stephanie is a vegan.
- The entire accounts receivable team has gone paleo.
- Bonnie is a Jehovah’s Witness and doesn’t celebrate her birthday or other people’s birthdays, but she doesn’t mind if you celebrate your birthday, but please don’t invite her.
- Steve has had two facelifts and likes to pretend that he’s 15 years younger than he is, and so denies having a birthday at all.
- Helen loves a party and sees it as her business to collect money from everyone every month for a birthday party.
- Albert is on a strict budget and doesn’t want to contribute to the birthday fund. And besides, he hates chocolate cake from Costco and Jane always buys that.
- Chris’s birthday is in December and every year his birthday is ignored because of the company Christmas party. He’s just mildly bitter.
Ahh, company birthday celebrations. I’ve gotten multiple questions this week about birthdays.
To keep reading, click here: How to Celebrate Birthdays in the Office
If you have good office birthday stories to tell, share them in the comments or come over to the Evil HR Lady Facebook group and join in the conversation.