Google Lists America’s Most Misspelled Words: Wisconsin’s is Surprising

by Evil HR Lady on June 1, 2017

Is there a word you just can’t remember how to spell? My word is “occasionally.” I can never remember if it’s one c and a double s or one s and a double c. Thank goodness for spell checkers. I’m not alone in misspelling an occasional word. In honor of the national spelling bee (which is today, June 1) Google put together a map of misspelled words, based on Google searches.

Alabama: Pneumonia

Alaska: Schedule

Arizona: Tomorrow

To read the entire list, click here: Google Lists America’s Most Misspelled Words: Wisconsin’s is Surprising

Keith m June 1, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Weird – I’m not seeing any pattern with thes, for example, that Things would get mispelled due to regional dialects

grannybunny June 1, 2017 at 9:23 pm

The word “weird.” After spelling numerous much-harder words, I lost the 5th Grade Spelling Bee after mentally reviewing the “I before e…” meme and misspelling it “weird.” I’ve had a mental block about the word for 6 decades since.

Evil HR Lady June 1, 2017 at 9:28 pm

I lost the 5th grade spelling bee too on the word especially. I’ve never forgotten how to spell it

the gold digger June 3, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I was the first speller down in 5th grade as well. Analyze. I don’t think I have misspelled it since.

Jill June 1, 2017 at 8:07 pm

As a Wisconsinite, I’m a little embarrassed by our word.

I’m also embarrassed to admit that I work in public education but frequently have to double check how to spell “attendance.”

Elizabeth West June 2, 2017 at 5:28 am

I always misspell chores for some dumb reason; when I type, it comes out “chorse.” Every. Squidlippin’. Time.

Julie June 2, 2017 at 4:08 pm

I always have to stop and think if I spelled congratulations right. For some reason I want to put a d in place of the 1st t.

LTMG June 3, 2017 at 5:35 am

I’d like to see the map of which states more prevalently make nouns plural by adding apostrophe-s.