Should I wait for a second job offer?

Dear Evil HR Lady,

On Friday I received a job offer from company A. There is a staffing agency in the middle. I have a final job interview with company B today. I know that company B will pay more than company A.

The staffing agency from company A is pushing me to sign the job offer. The recruiting process took weeks, so I don’t see urgency from the actual company. I want to stall a few days it to see what happens with company B, by which I should know if they’ll extend an offer.

But what happens if I sign the company A offer and then accept an offer from company B? Would the staffing agent be upset if if I tell him I’m waiting for another offer? I told him that I need to think about it, but he’s concerned.

At the same time I don’t want to risk the first offer, in case the second doesn’t come. I also don’t know if there might be a counteroffer by my current employer — if I signed an offer, did I lose my chance to take a counteroffer as well?

To read the answer, click here: Should I wait for second job offer?

Related Posts

One thought on “Should I wait for a second job offer?

Comments are closed.

Are you looking for a new HR job? Or are you trying to hire a new HR person? Either way, hop on over to Evil HR Jobs, and you'll find what you're looking for.