I had a long conversation with a delightful woman yesterday. I asked her what she did for a living and she said she was a stripper.
After ensuring that she was not joking, I asked her a bunch of questions about her job.
Here’s what we have in common:
- She has to find new clients all the time.
- I have to find new clients all the time.
- She has to figure out what clients really want.
- I have to figure out what clients really want.
- Her business took a huge hit with the pandemic.
- My business took a huge hit with the pandemic
- She tries to make people laugh.
- I try to make people laugh.
- She focuses on building her brand and being the best in the region.
- I focus on building my brand and being the best in the world.
Here’s where we differ
- She takes off her clothes in front of clients.
- Some of my clients have seen my elbows, and a couple might have seen my ankles.
It was a fascinating reminder that people who we think of as oh, so different, aren’t generally very different from us after all.
Looking to hire a new HR Person? Or are you an HR person looking to find a new job? Check out Evil HR Jobs!